Monday 19 March 2012

Re: "Violence as Entertainment"

I wanted to respond to your blog   but specifically your final thoughts: "Maybe the reason why violence can be viewed as entertainment is because it's our way of engaging in and connecting with our inner violence."


I think that this is very true. I adore films, I go there to emerge myself in a dream like state where for 2 hours I get to become an artist in Paris or a fugitive on the run - we can escape reality and do or be anything. Isn't this why people play video games - to escape their reality and play in an exotic fantasy world? 


I'm not a huge gamer, but I do play occasionally and it is exciting to virtually see yourself on screen fighting goblins or driving Homer Simpson's car. 
Maybe violence in video games isn't such a bad thing because it allows gamers to release those violent emotions virtually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment